Pages

1/4/11

2010

2010 was hard.
Make no mistake, it has also been full of blessings and God's provision, but it has been a hard year nonetheless. I could list the good and bad...but would rather not.

I have been frustrated. Disappointed. Helpless.
I have been affirmed. Mimicked. Adored.

I have put off conversations I need to have because it would be hard, and because I know the content would be both eye-opening & potentially hurtful.

I have allowed myself to be taken advantage of, but I also stood up for myself.

I pushed myself this year. Started a business. Made new things. Changed diapers, wiped tears, cuddled, and said "No, ma'am!" a LOT.

I didn't keep in touch with old friends like I wanted to.
I made a new friend or two. Lost friends I thought I had. Such is life.
I made great progress in my family relationships. Had some good talks. Mended some fences and cleared up some misunderstandings, and relationships are stronger than ever. It's been a long hard journey but I am so glad things are better there.

I'm getting a nephew in February.
I'm praying HARD for a sibling for my sweet niece as well.

I've seen God do things I didn't think he would do, and some I am still waiting on Him about.  I don't know how we would have made it through this year without Him.

I am so grateful for the amazing man he gave me for my husband, and for the silly/sweet/challenging/way-too-smart-for-her-own-good daughter. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment