Pages

10/15/09

11 weeks old

I had every intention of keeping this blog updated better, but other things are more important!

Abbie laughed for the first time last night. She's been smiling since 3 1/2 weeks, and so close to laughing. Last night I was giving her a bath and I wiped her face with the washcloth, and she laughed at me. Of course, this morning I've been trying to get her to do it again and she just grins at me. Oh well! Here are a few pics from Sunday-we went to a pumpkin farm. I feel like time is going by sooo fast. Looking back on the last 2 1/2 months, so much has changed since Abbie was born. She is a JOY.


I'm sure there are prettier babies. But I think mine is beautiful.  : )
Kisses from big brother Chip
Look at that sassy expression already.
Our family, minus Chip

On a personal note,
I've been convicted lately. I've gotten caught up in silly competition and comparisons with people I know...how is it so easy to get off track and become unsatisfied with the blessings I have? It's an ugly thing. A new friend made me realize how VERY blessed we are. I don't want to wish time away, I want to stop and breathe each precious moment in. Savor it for the amazing gift from God that it is.

So many others yearn for the little things that God has blessed me with...
and I take it for granted far too much.

And so I close this post by counting my blessings.

God, help me to be so thankful for what I have. Help us to raise Abigail the best we can. Help me to share my gifts and blessings with other people. Help me to look to you for wisdom and strength.....

help me to show love....

to show YOU to others.

1 comment:

  1. Precious pictures as you experience the new freshness of parenthood...and priceless lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete