We were back up and going after eating and walking again at 7 a.m. Sat. morning. Did this and kept drinking tea. Contractions kept picking back up so around Noon, we decided to head back to the hospital. First exam still at 5cm and still hasn't dropped any more. So we walk, hook back up and now even though she is having contractions, the ones that are able to be read on the monitor are actually FURTHER apart! Ugh. The nurse is a little confused, as are we. So we decide to get examined again and still the same thing...
So the nurse feels as if Amanda wasn't actually in labor since she said you can progress like she did at times (though rare) without being in labor and that its possible she is in the first stages of labor on Saturday. She got a shot of demerol and phenergen to allow Amanda to be able to get some good sleep. She said most women will sleep a good bit with this shot and that she has even heard of some sleeping 12 or more hours. Well, she will have heard of another one cause Amanda and I both slept for 14 hours. Soooo who knows, she said that some women after having this shot and getting good rest will wake up and their body has the energy to kick start the laboring process back up again. Hopefully this is the case with Amanda and that our little girl will drop and start moving again and that we will have this baby...
So pray, pray, pray. We want specific prayer that this baby will drop today and/or that Amanda's water will break today.
Baby update ~
Had a Drs. Appt. yesterday. We were scheduled to see Dr. Barfield, one of the only Drs we had not seen yet. However, he was at the hospital delivering a baby…so we didn’t get to see him. At least we’ve seen most everyone else.
Baby Abigail is doing just fine. I have the group B strep test done, will have results in a week-normal test, no biggie. Everything is like it should be…except for the fact that I am 37 weeks (as of today), and I measured 39 weeks at my appt.. So, the Dr. ordered an ultrasound for my next appt., which will be next Friday. Maybe they will be able to tell about how big she’s getting in there. The ultrasound is a somewhat vague estimate, and could be way off. But they are doing one anyway. : ) The Dr. said that sometimes there’s a lot of fluid around the baby which can make people measure ahead, but she didn’t think that was the case with me. She said she felt “all baby” when she was measuring, haha. So, Miss Abbie may decide to come early. If she has no more room, she must come out….right???
The bag is packed just in case. I just have to grab a few things to put in that I use everyday (so I can’t pack them yet).
We pre-registered at the hospital, so we are pretty much ready to go.
This week I finished thank-you notes from the shower (Jonathan's family threw for us this past weekend), finished the canvas for the nursery, nesting a little at a time.
Just waiting now.