Pages

1/19/10

Parenting isn't for sissies

I know, it's no earth-shattering revelation. : ) But being consistent and trying to chose the RIGHT things for her, even if it's the HARD thing, is no easy task. I keep praying for wisdom. I don't know how people have kids & parent without Jesus. I'm just saying. I also don't know how single parents do it...I am in awe of that.

Currently, I am working on sleep training with Abigail. We got rid of her swaddle wrap yesterday. And she is learning to go to sleep on her own, which has meant lots of crying and great protest. I am being consistent with this-if we are going to do it, we are gonna do it right.

This has been a month of great changes! She's eating solid foods now-rice cereal is still her favorite. She found her feet, and has started jabbering non-stop-mamamabababa etc. etc. Still drooling and clamping down on anything she can get in her mouth, but no teeth yet.
She will be 6 months old on the 29th of this month, and I can't even believe it's gone by that fast.

Speaking of going by fast, my b-day is on the 28th. I didn't feel old until I had a baby, hahaha. Maybe it's just the sleep deprivation talking. : )

Check out our lil chickie head....she is such a blessing.



1 comment:

  1. Hang in there with the sleep training! It's tougher on mommy than anyone! She'll get the hang of it soon and you'll be soooo glad you started now and not when she's older! You're a great mom...and Abigail is too cute for words!!

    ReplyDelete