Pages

1/13/10

I can't believe I'm about to go here...

It's official. I am a bum in the blogging world.

And you know what, I am okay with that. : ) Abbie is now 5 (!!!) months old, and keeps me busy. In my free time, I do not blog. I really want to be better, and give more updates, upload pics, etc. But to be honest, other things are higher on my priority list. Like, my laundry basket is getting pretty high right now. Abbie is taking a nap, and I should be eating lunch...because I'm starving and she will want to eat asap when she gets up.

Maybe that will be a resolution-post once a month. Haha.

Or maybe I have just become increasingly private lately and don't want to disclose everything about my life. Is that being too real?? Sounds hypocritical for someone with a blog that anyone and everyone can visit and read....though I'm pretty much sure that no one does. I'm okay with not having a following. Hahahaha. But you know what, people know who I am and what I do already.

Some privacy is a good thing.


To be honest, I started this blog so:
1) My out of state family could get updates about our family---mostly Abbie.
2) It would offer a quick link to the other blogs I wanted to visit.

And now,
1) Most of my out of state family has actually jumped on the facebook bandwagon, so they know what's going on with us.
2) I still use it as a quick link to visit other sites...LAZINESS! : )

And when I use it as a quick link to places I want to visit, I have a twinge of self-imposed guilt.
Like, GEEZ that posting is so old, I really should do something about it.

But I don't.

Hee hee hee.

Blogging is NOT my outlet, like it is for so many others. I'd rather do other things.
I have a love-hate relationship with it. In and of itself, blogging is NOT a bad thing.
But-
For one, it makes me want to share FAR too much of what's in my head. Not good.
Two, it makes me want to brag on my baby. This could go either way. In moderation, it's ok.
Three, being on here makes me want to visit other blogs. Not good...because honestly, reading some blogs just make me ill. When I do, I can fall into the trap of comparing my life with theirs, and that's just asking for trouble. Don't get me wrong, it's not their problem. It's all on me & my predisposition to be a sinner.

So, I am going to try to find balance. Blog occasionally and for good reasons, and try with God's help to not fall into the trap of comparison.

A dear friend of mine would be SO PROUD! (hahaha, not like this friend will ever read this, and that is what makes it SO funny)

So here's a challenge. Get off your durned blog or facebook, or whatever. Take a break from posting for a day....week...a month...

GASP! (Did I really go there? Yep I did.)

And maybe you will find that God has some important things he's been trying to teach you, but hasn't been able to get thru the "tickety-typing" noise of you updating the world....

That's what He's been telling me here lately. Please don't get offended if you read this and hate what it says-it was for my benefit, anyway. Sometimes I have to spill, and then process it all again. Take it for what it's worth. which may not be a whole lot.

Just a thought.... if it really grabs you, then perhaps it was meant for you, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment